Monday, July 30, 2012

3 Promises





I called out your name, O God, called from the bottom of the pit.
You listened when I called out, 'Don't shut your ears! Get me out of here! Save me!' You came close when I called out. You said, 'It's going to be all right.'. (Lamentations 3:56-57)

At one point during the race on Saturday I thought I would have to quit. My teammate and I were involved in a challenge where we has to tie ourselves to each other and run around a city block. We started at a nice easy pace but after only a little bit I said that I had to walk. My legs were beginning to cramp. My teammate encouraged me the entire way to keep on. "Three more corners...two more corners...one more corner", she said I hobbled on with cramps in both legs. "We're not quitting", she said.

We made it. We didn't quit. We completed the challenge. Her encouragement made the differnence.

There is a peace that comes when we finally cry out...when we finally acknowledge our weakness and pain. God hears us. He comes close. He answers us. What more could we ask?

grace and peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment