Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Length of Our Days

Sometimes the length of our days is measured by simple things.  For many of us when the time comes that we need a pill container, it is a sign that we are aging. It can help us keep track of what day it is or to remember if we even took our medications or not!  It is not a tool though that most of us welcome.  It is a reminder that we are finite, that our bodies are breaking down, that this is not forever. 

I am always encouraged that God has used people of all ages to accomplish his purpose here on earth.  Noah was eighty when he built the ark.  Sarah was over a hundred when she gave birth to Isaac.  Moses was eighty when he saw the burning bush.  

We are never too old to accomplish God's purposes in our lives.  His promises are not only for the young.  They endure throughout our lifetime.  They offer hope and a future for each of us.

 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the LORD. (Jeremiah 29:11-14 NIV)


No comments:

Post a Comment