Thursday, August 2, 2012

Let Go!





I am blessed to have a wise friend in my life who by the grace of God knew I needed a little encouragement and accountability in order to restore a regular time of silent prayer back into the rhythm of my life. His offer meant making a choice. Deliberately setting aside time once a week to meet with other souls to share our experiences with prayer meant rearranging my priorities and letting go of some things.

It meant letting go of excuses as to why I couldn't do this. It meant letting go of the reluctance to be with people I had never met before. It meant letting go of ego that did its best to say, "You don't really need this".

All I had to do was let go and show up. I realized how parched and thirsty I was. I realized how my soul longed for a quiet place to rest in God's presence. I realized that what I had been longing for, what I had been struggling to articulate, was the desire to know God in a deeper and more intimate way.

"Here's what I want you to do: Find a quiet, secluded place so you won't be tempted to role-play before God. Just be there as simply and honestly as you can manage. The focus will shift from you to God, and you will begin to sense his grace." (Matthew 6:7)

grace and peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment