Saturday, August 11, 2012

Through No Fault...




This morning I was readying my bike for much anticipated ride. As I hoisted the bike to my shoulder to begin preparations, I heard a "Thud". My bar end mirror just fell off the handlebars. Try as I may to reinsert it, it would not stay put! Somehow, somewhere a piece must have broken or simply fallen off.

Now I must say that this mirror wasn't expensive and doesn't owe me anything. I have had it for fifteen years or more. Yet I found myself annoyed that it had broken. I wish I could tell you as well that it broke because I was riding so much and constantly adjusting it...but I cannot.

So I looked in vain for something that probably fell off, who knows where and really not knowing what I was looking for. Finally I gave up and realized I wasn't going to find it and will most likely never know why this happened.

Our lives seem to follow this parallel. Stuff happens and we may never know why. We can look (and often times we do) for answers and reasons but most of the time they remain hidden. One day we will understand but definitely not today!

Romans 8:28

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

grace and peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment